So one thing this pregnancy has done for me is to re-inspire my baking efforts. I have always had a love for baking but in recent years I have done less and less of it and when my eldest son was diagnosed with severe food allergies my desire to bake grew even less and less.
But as we became more aware of his allergies and substitution options that didn’t hinder the outcome I have slowly got back into the kitchen.
So when a sweets craving hit and I had some oranges that needed to be used in the fridge I turned to the one place I go to for inspiration; Pinterest. So along my searching I stumbled across Tiffany at Creme de la Crumb and her amazing Orange Muffins with Coconut Streusel and apart from it being a nice and easy recipe to make it has been a huge hit with the hubby, the boys and little pineapple.
So I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and if you are looking for more delicious treats I highly recommend popping over and checking out Creme de la Crumb.
Here is my adaption of Creme de la Crumbs recipe.
ORANGE CAKE WITH COCONUT STREUSEL
Egg Free Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of Orgran No Egg to 2 tablespoons of water or 1 egg
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180 and grease a cake tin.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in orange zest.
- Fill greased cake tin.
- Combine shredded coconut, butter, sugar, and flour in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Spoon onto cake batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool.
- Mix together powdered sugar and hot water. (Add extra water 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached).
- Stir in fresh orange juice.
- Drizzle over cake. Store in airtight container.
What is your favourite recipe right now?